An emblematic castle of the region
The Chartreuse Bordelaise
A past rooted in the land of Bordeaux
Situated in the middle of a valley covered with vines and woods, Château Beaulieu commands a 25-hectare estate, 17 of which are devoted to the cultivation of vines. This typical Bordeaux charterhouse was built in the 18th century by a family of notaries from Bourg. However, the origins of the estate can be traced back to prehistory. Indeed, around 1900, the owner at the time, Emile Maufras, author of "L'Histoire de Gironde" and a friend of the President of the Council of the Republic at the time, discovered a polished stone axe and arrowheads on the property.
The heart of the heritage
The Bordeaux Charterhouse overlooking the vineyard is framed by two outbuildings, considerably increasing the useful surface area of the castle, one of the outbuilding is home to our shop and our tasting room.
The concrete wine tanks were built with the castle in the 19th century and have the advantage of having a high thermal inertia, which limits sudden temperature variations.
The estate also has a modern thermoregulated stainless steel wine cellar and a semi-underground 350 barrel cellar.